Deanna Kent-McDonald (B.Ed.)
2008 – Current:
Writer – Online Studio (MMO), Narrative Designer, Editorial Marketing Lead.
Projects include in-game narrative design, TVC scripts, Online video scripts, project lead on campaigns, narrative and XP design, App Store descriptions, mobile game copy, etc.
Published Novel (2004), Freelance Works (ongoing)
- Novel – West Wind, North Chatter, NeWest Press
- Newspaper Column – co-creator and co-writer of of Buzz & Balance
- Magazine Contributions/Advertising Integration – Alberta Venture Magazine, Special 100th Anniversary Edition); Accent Magazine Articles - Seasonal Entertaining (Winter 2007) Weddings (Spring 2007); Home and Garden Charity Publication (3 years), Art of the Peace Magazine, Winter 2004; Okanagan Life Magazine (pieces for March, April, May 2008); Web Copy Real Estate online (April 2008).
Fiction: represented by Elaine Spencer at Knight Agency
- WIP Fiction Middle Grade – with Neil Hooson
- WIP Fiction Middle Grade graphic novel – with Neil Hooson
- WIP Nonfiction book for teens & tweens (co-writer Kelly Talbot) - Rule Your World; The Essential Teen Guide to Feng Shui
English Teacher – Secondary (September 1996 – December 2007) Grande Prairie Composite High School
Proofread/Editor – Freelance (on-going)
Proofread and edit advertisements, articles, trade publications, and web copy
Grade 12 Diploma Essay Marker – Alberta Government Contract (2001 – 2007)
Yearly contracts from the Government of Alberta renewed 6 times - to mark hundreds of Grade 12 diploma essays in a short time frame according to strict criteria.
Bachelor of Education-with Distinction (1996); English Major, Psych Minor University of Alberta.